October 14, 2014

Review: The Science of Loving


The Science of Loving
The Science of Loving by Candace Vianna

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



2.75 to 3 Stars

This is one of those situations where an editor could work wonders. I really liked what this book could have been. It has quirky characters, humorous situations and a decent flow along the plot line. It's definitely what I would consider one of those beach reads. It kind of follows the fairly predictable pattern for that type of book, but when you are looking for that, this one definitely hits the mark. The downside of all of that was the editing though. It isn't really grammatical errors, though they are there, but more of the general feel of some sections of the book. I do feel that those sections are something that could be corrected and make this book truly enjoyable. On an even better note, the author did suggest contacting her with any typos or inconsistencies, so kudos for her being willing to take help when offered. I love that in a new author. =)

So, overall opinion is that I really liked potential of this book. It's there in spades, it just needs to be fully realized..



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment