March 22, 2014

Thoughtless reread #1000

   


1000 is probably a slight exaggeration, but whatever. 

Do you have one of those books that you love, but you just don't understand why?  This is one of those for me.  I've probably actually read it 9 or 10 times by now. It gets me every time and I have no clue why. Keira is so unbelievably frustrating.  She's definitely in the top 10 of my I want to slap a bitch list (This may or may not have been because she should have just jumped ship to Kellan after the first time. Guess that would have not made for an interesting book though). And who actually blushes that much?  And Denny.  I hated him too. Seriously dude, man the fuck up. 
 I won't even get into the actual writing on the book.  Oh wait, yes I will.  I avidly, definitely, passionately, violently, madly, (etc) hated the fact that the author seemed to have just went through and found every single adjective that ended in an -ly to use in it. Almost everything about this book just annoyed me to no end.  

So, why do I love it so fucking much?  Really, I want to know.  Anyone? It makes no sense.  And it's just this one in the series too.  I've read all of them, but it's this one--the most frustrating one--that I can't get enough of. 

I guess I'll just blame it on Kellan. I loved him.  Loved.  He was the ultimate damaged bad boy for me. Even now, when I am so far beyond over the whole damaged bad boy scene, he still makes me all giddy with his awesomeness.  Keira doesn't deserve him.  

^ See.  I have a problem.  Oh well, I'll just skip off to finish said 1000th reread and then finish my other books so I can convince myself that I really do have outstanding taste in them. Even though I love, love, love this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment