August 1, 2014

Review: Maybe Maby


Maybe Maby
Maybe Maby by Willow Aster

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I liked this so much. It was a great mix of sweet, funny, heartbreaking and eye-opening.

Mabel (Maby) suffers from severe depression with OCD tendencies. It's always been difficult, but since the murder of her mother, it has spiraled out of control. To do some serious paraphrasing, this book is about her journey to being able to cope with her struggles and find out what..and who she wants in her life. And by who, I mean the three guys that are vying for her attention.

The love square(?) definitely gets old pretty quickly. Honestly, that was probably the most frustrating aspect of the book. It's a pretty obvious choice as a reader. However, it is the fact that even though it was clear to me, I could always understand why Maby was able to twist things up in her mind. It's easy to be on the outside looking in and say "why can't you decide", "why can't you stop", etc. I'll attribute a well written book to the fact that I was never frustrated, I just wanted Maby to be able to get herself there too.

I guess that was why I liked this book so much. It deals with some serious issues, but it was done in such a way to not make light of the issues but not make it completely dark the entire time either.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment