November 5, 2014

Review: Dom Wars: Round One


Dom Wars: Round One
Dom Wars: Round One by Lucian Bane

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



So, I was one of the many who got the email from this author when he joined Booklikes. I happened to find the fact that he went out of his way to message people who followed him/he followed to be highly amusing (not to mention the apology message too) so I decided to read his book that I got as a freebie a while ago.

Too bad that my reading it didn't really work out for either of us.

I found Dom Wars to have a serious case of the Serials. It just progressed far, far too fast for me with not enough go on. Sometimes I can look past that with serials, sometimes I can't. This time, I couldn't. I found the whole Dom Wars storyline to be interesting, but I do not think that it is something that can be properly done in a serial format. It is something that needs to be properly fleshed (ha) out, along with the characters that are involved in it. Especially when there are declarations of love in Volume 1, with characters that were not previously involved prior to being it starting.

I have Volume 2 already, so I may eventually read that and decide if I want to continue on with the rest of the books. But given the current state of my TBR list, it's not high on the priority list. I will probably check out other books of his though. I have a soft spot for a (mild) lack of proper etiquette.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment