November 15, 2014

Review: What's Left of Us


What's Left of Us
What's Left of Us by Amanda Maxlyn

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This has been one of my most anticipated reads this year. I loved What's Left of Me and was really excited to see the completion of their story. So excited that I pulled myself up from the brink of death (not really, just an ear/sinus infection but I turn into a man when I'm sick) to get this read as soon as I could. And Amanda did not disappoint at all.

The thing that makes both WLoM and WLoU is that they are both a realistically poignant look into the struggles that surround the cancer survivor and their families. In these books, it isn't the struggle to survive the cancer, but the struggle to be able to live despite the lingering fear of cancer. What's Left of Us continues the Aundrea and Parker's story as they settle down further into their life, taking place 3 years into their relationship as they run into new heartaches and joys. Their struggle in this book is the decision on whether or not to add to their family despite Aundrea's fear of her heart or cancer taking her away. Every part of these books feel real. So many books within this genre can seem a little ridiculous or overdramatic, but not these. You really feel like this could be your friends or family, so it is amazingly easy to form a connection and really feel every joy and pain right along with the characters. I don't want to give anything away, because it is just something that need to be experienced in your own way. For me though, these books are ones that will stay with me as something special. Even if they are rip your heart out and stomp on it, in a good way though.







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment