January 16, 2015

Review: The Game Plan


The Game Plan
The Game Plan by R.L. Mathewson

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



I think this is the first book in the Neighbor From Hell series that I just kind of meh over. RL's books usually fall into that guilty pleasure category for me. They are ridiculously over the top and can definitely be eye roll worthy, but I find most of her books hilarious because of that. The Bradford food obsessions, over the top vanity, constant fighting and highly questionable relationship skills are all absolute campy entertainment.

However, after 5 books in the series, we have just hit the point of redundancy. I can see some aspects where RL made the attempt to change up the male lead a tad, but with so many of the other Bradfords continuing to play major roles in the story line, it just doesn't do enough to separate itself from every other book in the series much less stand out among them. I think this is going to be a problem with any future book in this series though unless something drastically different happens.

I won't say that this book wasn't good, but really I could have just reread either Jason or Trevor's books instead and been more entertained even despite having read them multiple times already...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment