January 10, 2015

Review: Twisted


Twisted
Twisted by Cari Quinn

My rating: 3 of 5 stars




The books in this series have been kind of hit or miss for me, but thankfully this one was a hit. The tension between Jazz and Gray has been palpable throughout the series so far and seeing it all come to a head in this book made for a really solid read.

I'm going to start off by saying that I skipped just about every sex scene in this book. I didn't do it because they weren't well written, but because I'm just not feeling that scene at the moment. The plus side to that for me is that, even despite not reading the sex aspect of the book, I still really enjoyed what I was reading. It's all to common to fall into the easy sell of loads of sex and little plot line when you know that it sells, but that definitely wasn't a problem here. Twisted is a plot-driven erotic novel and not the other way around. The story flashed between now and then, so we really got a good picture of what formed the relationship between Jazz and Gray. It does get a little crazy at times, but I would be lying if I said that wouldn't be disappointed if I didn't get a little craziness from Oblivion. That is part of what makes me like this series. Can it be over the top? Without a doubt, but it is still done in a way where it is believable. Especially from a rock band on the rise to fame.

I do have one major issue though. I'll stick it in a spoiler for those who don't care to know though..
Can we PLEASE stop with the unplanned pregnancies with this one? It was frustrating with the first book, it's frustrating with this one. If I have to read it in the next book, there is a good chance that my brain will explode along with my will to continue with this series. Even if I understand why it would be continued on with Jazz, that doesn't mean that I can't be over the unplanned pregnancy trope within this genre. Especially when there are so many other issues that should be focused on without bringing a baby in the mix. Unplanned pregnancy happens, yes. I am just so far over reading it without this genre that it isn't remotely funny.

If it wasn't for the aforementioned spoiler, this would have been a solid 4 star read for me. That's a personal thing for me though, so take that it as you will. I'd still recommend this to anyone looking for a hot rock star read chock full of interesting and dynamic characters.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment