July 17, 2014

Scoring Wilder by RS Grey.

After reading this, I decided to find a gif of some sort to properly express my feelings.  I wanted to find some relatable soccer ones since, you know, this book was about soccer players.  I got sidetracked.  I'm kind of wishing I actually watched soccer now.  

I'm not sure who the top two guys are, wait I take that back.  The first one is Cristano Ronaldo, correct? Anyway.  Soccer dudes.  And David Beckham (who has aged really well, I must say).  And now to research more throughly.  



Oh, Scoring Wilder. 

Honestly, it is just one of many in the NA genre.  I've never read a book centered around soccer players, so I decided to give it a try.  It started off okay given that the MC is actually a driven and self-confident girl working her ass off to make the US Olympic soccer team.  Kudos to the author.  But then she falls in love with the reformed bad boy, star soccer player that everyone wants and then falls prey to the bullying of the girl whom he shunned years earlier.  Waa waa waa.  

I guess I'm going to have to add New Adult to my list of genres that I should back away from.  

2.5 out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment