March 18, 2015

Review: Black Lies


Black Lies
Black Lies by Alessandra Torre

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I'm just going to sit over here in the uncool crowd, because I did not understand the hype around this one. Again.

Black Lies was just okay. There wasn't really anything in the storyline that I found outstandingly intriguing. It was well written and the characters themselves were complex and interesting, but when you spend the entire second half of the book wishing they would just get on with the owning up to what was really happening, it kind of ruins the suspense factor.



On that note, I really would like to find one of these books with the "twist" ending where I don't figure out the twist before it actually happens. Suggestions?



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment