March 8, 2015

Review: The Dream Thieves


The Dream Thieves
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



You know those books that when you finish, you sit back and wonder what you have been doing with your life that kept you from reading this before? This is one of those. It is also days like this where I wish I didn't live 40 minutes away from the nearest bookstore so I could rush there to buy the actual book so I can pet it and tell it how much I love it. Okay, so that is a slight exaggeration but you get my point.

I honestly think I could write a review that waxes poetic about just about every aspect of this series so far, but that would interfere with my listening time for the next book. I'll just cut the chase about to cover my favorite aspect so far. Despite the seemingly so pace of the books so far, it is done in such a way that you just don't care. Every word has a reason and it unfurls slowly but you are enjoying the ride so much that you actually revel in the pace of the story. Also, Blue rocks. Seriously, she's a character that I would be ecstatic to find out my daughter was reading about.

"I don't want to be just someone to kiss. I want to be a real friend, too. Not just someone who's fun to run around because - because I have breasts!"

"Right, sure. Because there's no girls in politics! I have no interest. Voting? What? I forgot my apron. I think I ought to be in the kitchen right now, actually. My rolling pin - "


Yeah, I kind of love Blue. Especially when compared to the oh so many female characters who make you want to slam you head into the nearest wall.

So, that's it. I'm off to start book three and read it slow enough that I go completely crazy waiting for September.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment